my son's bedroom . . .
(more on that later!)
Jeff is college age,
so I want his room to be grown up,
yet fun & full of things
that will be meaningful to him.
For this project,
I started with a trip to the thrift store
to buy a mirror & some
old computer keyboards.
I chose this mirror because it had a
wide, flat frame (and it was only $2).
With lots of soap & water, I was able
to remove the sunflower painting from the mirror.
I then painted the frame black.
Next, I removed the keys from the keyboards.
First, we disassembled the keyboards by
removing the screws in the back.
I say "we" because hubby
Whenever possible, I cut the keys
off in sections with tin snips.
They are easier to glue on that way!
In cases where you can't cut them out in sections,
just use a butter knife to pry them out.
The first glue I bought
was a little smelly,
so I recommend this Loctite brand.
This is the finished product.
There are even some hidden messages here & there.
I think my little computer nerd is going to love it!