My food garden . . .
did just OK this year.
The one thing that did grow well
were the herbs!
I just discovered cooking with fresh herbs
a couple of years ago & it tastes so much better!
Here's a recipe that I adapted from one I got at
It uses fresh parsley & basil. Yum!
- 1 precooked roasted chicken (I love the ones from Costco)
- 1 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 lb. penne pasta
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (from the jar)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley - cut up(I probably use more!)
- 6-8 basil leaves - cut up
- Parmesan cheese for garnishment
It's so delicious!