I am redecorating a room for my son. He's college age, so I want his room to be grown up, yet fun & full of things that will be meaningful to him.
For this project, I started with a trip to the thrift store to buy a mirror & some old computer keyboards.
I chose the mirror above because it had a wide, flat frame (and it was only $2).
With lots of soap & water, I was able to remove the sunflower painting from the mirror.
I then painted the frame black.
Next, I removed the keys from the keyboards. First, we disassembled the keyboards by removing the screws in the back. I say "we" because hubby
reluctantly gladly helped!
Whenever possible, I cut the keys off in sections with tin snips.
They are easier to glue on that way! In cases where you can't cut them out in sections, just use a butter knife to pry them out.
The first glue I bought
just about burned my lungs to a crisp was a little smelly, so I recommend this Loctite brand. It does take a while to dry, but it is also repositionable - which is good.
This is the finished product . . .
There are even some hidden messages here & there. I think my little computer nerd is going to love it!